- B. Hackbarth, N. Schnell, P. Esling and D. Schwarz. Composing Morphology: Concatenative Synthesis as an Intuitive Medium for Prescribing Sound in Time. Contemporary Music Review, Vol. 32, No. 1, 49-59. 2013.
- D. Schwarz and B. Hackbarth. Navigating Variation: Composing For Audio Mosaicing. ICMC proceedings 2012.
- B. Hackbarth, N. Schnell and D. Schwarz. Audioguide: A Framework For Creative Exploration Of Concatenative Sound Synthesis. IRCAM research report, 2011.
- R. West, J. Gossmann, T. Margolis, J.P. Schulze, J.P. Lewis, B. Hackbarth and I. Mostafavi. Hybrid Strategies for Multi-Dimensional Data in Expressive Virtual Reality Contexts. SPIE Electronic Imaging, 2009.
- J. Gossmann, B. Hackbarth, R. West, T. Margolis, J.P. Lewis and I. Mostafavi. Scalable Auditory Data Signatures for Discovery Oriented Browsing in an Expressive Context. International Conference on Auditory Display, 2008.
6/16/2017 - Lines of Communication will be performed by Mari Kimura, Sam Wells, and Keith Kirchoff at the SPLICE Institute in Kalamazoo, MI, USA.
4/1/2017 - Am I a Particle or a Wave? performed by Nexeduet (Juanjo Llopico and Sisco Aparici) at the Festival de Música Contemporánea de Córdoba on April 1st 2017 in Spain.
3/25/2017 - Am I a Particle or a Wave? performed by Nexeduet (Juanjo Llopico and Sisco Aparici) at the Festival "Flesap" in Segorbe Spain on March 25th 2017.
3/10/2017 - Liquid Study no 2 for piano and electronic sound will be premiered by Ian Buckle at the University of Leed's International Concert Series on March 10th 2017.
6/14/2016 - Open End will be performed by Marc Moreno Albors in Valencia Spain.
3/8/2016 - Dot Matrix Dialect will be premiered by the Pixels Ensemble in the Open Circuit Festival, Liverpool, UK.
3/4/2016 - Liquid Study no. 1 performed the Gildas String Quartet in Manchester UK.
1/28/2016 - hub will be performed by the The House of Bedlam at New Music North West in Manchester UK.
6/4/2015 - open end will be performed by Hamish Upton at the Australian National Academy of Music, Melbourne.
4/1/2015 - open end will be performed by Matthew Andreini at the the University of Northern Iowa, USA.
3/13/2015 - open end will be performed by Alex Wier at the University of Denver, USA.
3/12/2015 - open end will be performed by Alex Wier at Adams State University, USA.
3/10/2015 - open end will be performed by Alex Wier at Fort Lewis College, USA.
2/4/2015 - Liquid Etude no. 1 will be premiered by the Arditti String Quartet in California.
1/18/2015 - open end will be performed by Alex Wier at Arizona State University, USA.